Online Alcohol Class
New Jersey Minor in Possession Laws
Online Alcohol Class offers the most comprehensive Minor in Possession instruction available in New Jersey. We offer Level 1 (8 hour), Level 2 (16 hour), and Level 3 (24 hour) web-based Minor in Possession and Minor in Consumption Classes.
Often students call our offices to ask about the MIP laws in New Jersey. As a courtesy, we've compiled the laws from every U.S. state and listed them below.
Please note that the New Jersey MIP laws displayed on this page are intended to help help you to learn about your local New Jersey laws. While we have tried to show the most up-to-date version of New Jersey MIP laws, but we cannot guarantee its accuracy. This web page is not a replacement for legal advice from a lawyer. It is in your best interest that you find an appropriate attorney for more information about New Jersey minor in possession laws.
- 8 Hour (Level 1) Minor in Possession Class — $149.00 — Register Now
- 12 Hour Minor in Possession Class — $199.00 — Register Now
- 16 Hour (Level 2) Minor in Possession Class — $249.00 — Register Now
- 24 Hour (Level 3) Minor in Possession Class — $319.00 — Register Now
New Jersey Minor In Possession Laws
New Jersey Underage Possession of Alcohol
Possession is prohibited WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTION(S):
- Private location
New Jersey Underage Consumption of Alcohol
Consumption is prohibited WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTION(S):
- Private location
New Jersey Internal Possession by Minors
Internal possession is not explicitly prohibited.
New Jersey Underage Purchase of Alcohol
Purchase is prohibited and there is NO ALLOWANCE for youth purchase for law enforcement purposes.
Furnishing Alcohol to Minors in New Jersey
Furnishing is prohibited WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTION(S):
Minimum Ages for On-Premises Servers and Bartenders in New Jersey
Beer: 18 for both servers and bartenders
Wine: 18 for both servers and bartenders
Spirits: 18 for both servers and bartenders
Minimum Ages for Off-Premises Sellers of Alcohol in New Jersey
False Identification for Obtaining Alcohol in New Jersey
Provision(s) targeting minors:
- Use of a false ID to obtain alcohol is a criminal offense
- Penalty may include driver's license suspension through a judicial procedure
Provision(s) targeting suppliers:
- It is a criminal offense to lend, transfer, or sell a false ID
Provision(s) targeting retailers:
- Licenses for drivers under age 21 are easily distinguishable from those for drivers age 21 and older
- Specific affirmative defense - the retailer inspected the false ID and came to a reasonable conclusion based on its appearance that it was valid
Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) Limits and Underage Operators of Noncommercial Motor Vehicles in New Jersey
BAC limit: 0.01 - a BAC level above the limit is per se (conclusive) evidence of a violation.
Applies to drivers under age 21.
New Jersey Retail Sales: Keg Registration
Registration is not required.
New Jersey Underage Driving Privileges: Use/Lose
Type(s) of violation leading to driver's license suspension, revocation, or denial:
- Underage purchase
Use/lose penalties apply to minors under age 21
Authority to impose driver's license sanction
Length of suspension/revocation: 180 days
Prohibitions Against Hosting Underage Drinking Parties in New Jersey
Social host law is not specifically limited to underage drinking parties.
Action by underage guest that triggers violation: Consumption
Property type(s) covered by liability law:
Standard for hosts' knowledge or action regarding the party: OVERT ACT - host must have actual knowledge and commit an act that contributes to the occurrence
You might also be interested in:
New Jersey Minor in Possession Class
- Completely Online Class
- Nationwide Acceptance
- Available 7 Days a Week
- Free Completion Certificate
- Superior Customer Support
- Shipping to New Jersey at No Cost
- Immediate Access
- Free Enrollment Verification
- Written and Created by Professionals
- Money Back Guaranteed
Your registration with Online Alcohol Class will be processed using our secure credit card processing service. Our site is certified PCI Compliant by McAfee.